Tracy Andrews, DNP, MBA, ACNP, APRN-BC
2:00 - 3:00 PM
Stimulant Addiction and Overdose:
The Underappreciated Epidemic
Tracy Andrews is the Manager of Cardiovascular Surgery Advanced Practice Providers at Penn Medicine- University of Pennsylvania Health Care System in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
1. Identify an operational definition of stimulants.
2. Review common prescription and illicit stimulants being used, with a special focus on methamphetamine.
3. Compare and contrast opioid usage and stimulant usage and overdose rates.
4. Discuss stimulant addiction treatment, with special focus on limited efficacy.
5. Explore advocacy opportunities to help combat stimulant overuse, overdose, and death.
Tracy has extensive critical care and cardiovascular surgery experience with more than 25 years as both a nurse and advanced practice provider. Addiction and recovery advocacy is also a personal platform of interest for Tracy. She has been an invited speaker at national conferences to offer her unique clinical and personal experience with patients struggling with addiction.