Donna Eget, D.O.
10:30 - 11:30 AM
Medical Marijuana For Opioid Use Disorder
Dr. Donna Eget is the owner and primary physician of Medicus Urgent Care in Dunmore, PA.
1. List the CDC approved treatments for Opioid Use Disorder
2. Have an understanding of THC affects in the brain
3. Discuss the literature available on the topic
4. Understand real-world experiences with THC and OUD
5. Formulate an opinion on the usefulness of THC for OUD
Dr. Donna Eget grew up along the banks of the Susquehanna River in West Nanticoke, PA. She graduated from Bishop Hoban High School, The University of Scranton, and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. After completing her residency in emergency medicine at Newark-Beth Israel Medical Center in New Jersey, she returned to NEPA to practice as a staff physician and emergency department director.
In 2009, she opened Medicus Urgent Care in Dunmore, and expanded her practice to include addiction medicine. She holds dual board certification in emergency medicine and addiction medicine, edited of Vital Signs, The Journal of the Lackawanna County Medical Society, and served as president of the LCMS in 2021.
Her hobbies include gardening, traveling, golf and writing fiction. She lives with her family in Clarks Summit, PA.