Why join? Education. Advocacy. Support.
We believe in lifelong learning and making it simple for our members.
- Lackawanna and Luzerne County Live CME Courses – We offer multiple opportunities each year for CME. In partnership with area hospitals, the Department of Health and other community stakeholders we host up to 10 one or two hour courses each year. In addition we offer multiple annual events such as:
- Pain & Addiction Summit
- Medical Legal Summit
- Recognizing and Responding to Suspected Child Abuse
- Easy-to-Use, Online PAMED CME Courses – You’ll find the CMEs you need to renew your license.
- The Dose – PAMED’s weekly e-newsletter.
We believe that every physician’s voice should be heard.
- Advocacy with lawmakers in Harrisburg to ensure commonsense, patient-centered legislation that maintains your clinical autonomy.
- Advocacy with state agencies to ensure that regulations and unnecessary red tape don’t get in the way of patient care.
- Advocacy with insurers to protect patient outcomes and your bottom line.
- Advocacy with the courts to defend your rights, including medical liability protections.
We believe physicians should spend more time with patients and less on administrative tasks.
- Practice Support – If you’re baffled by a Medicare or commercial insurer policy or you are struggling to get answers on claims denials, reach out to our Practice Support team for personalized help.
- Legal Resource Center – PAMED can help members find resources to address a variety of health-law related questions.
- Quick Consult Fact Sheets – When a new health care law or regulation is set to take effect, you can count on PAMED’s Quick Consults to explain what the requirements mean for you.